[BBLISA] Emergency Pagers

Brian O'Neill oneill at oinc.net
Wed Mar 17 15:39:54 EDT 2010

We still use pagers as well (USA Mobility or whatever they are called
this week). I think we'd love to drop them, but we've still found SMS to
be unreliable in terms of speed of delivery. Sometimes we'll still get
the SMS hours later, and not for want of signal (the phone can have full
signal, and not be moving for hours, and the message will come at 3am
when it was sent at 6pm...)

I've been trying to talk the guy who pays for the cell phones to get me
a Droid to see about a way to poll for critical messages from multiple
sources...