[BBLISA] home Backup systems

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Mon Jun 21 20:45:55 EDT 2010

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Dewey Sasser
>
> I've tried Acronis True Image
> which seems to work very well against local storage but I'm not going
> pay at home for a network level backup system.

My top choice would have been TrueImage, or the built-in Backup & Restore
center (included in vista business & above ... and win 7 pro and above) ...
but you said you didn't want to go to local storage.

The main advantages of TrueImage as compared to the built-in thing is:
* TI works on any version of windows.
* TI allows you to exclude files and directories
* TI works reasonably well to a SMB or FTP destination.  The built-in
windows backup tool is slightly crippled for this type of situation.

I run TrueImage at home, to a fileserver in my basement.  But I wouldn't use
it across a WAN.