[BBLISA] Odd question about cfengine. Can this be done?

Michael Tiernan michael.tiernan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:16:24 EDT 2010

----- "Josh Smift" <irilyth at infersys.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised that you apparently got
> so
> much negative reaction.

I think I might have given the impression that it was worse than it really was. The responses all seemed to be nature of what one might call the "before the event" versions of "What the hell were you thinking?!?!"

I think everyone's words of caution were well placed and I appreciated them.

The idea is as some suggest, along the nature of having one group (system admins) managing everything from "here" down and another group dealing with the "here up" section. Yes, there'd be lots of checking needed. (Oh and... what's it called.... communications? :)

My asking the question was a favor and the person asking was looking for an axe to swing between two groups who were not seeing things eye-to-eye.

Again, thanks to everyone for the answers and the warnings of what'd happen if one made a misstep.