[BBLISA] Odd question about cfengine. Can this be done?

Josh Smift irilyth at infersys.com
Mon Jun 14 10:22:14 EDT 2010

MT> We all know the shortcomings of the idea and agree with it being a
MT> "not best practice" :)

Well, I don't. :^) Seriously, I'm surprised that you apparently got so
much negative reaction. If you want to manage most of the files on the
system with one instance of Cfengine, and you want to let some DBAs manage
some Oracle-related files with another instance, and I want to manage my
home directory with another instance, I don't see any obvious reason why
we couldn't do that. What am I missing?

                                      -Josh (irilyth at infersys.com)