[BBLISA] Odd question about cfengine. Can this be done?

Josh Smift irilyth at infersys.com
Sun Jun 13 20:39:33 EDT 2010

MT>  "Can two different teams (i.e. SysAdmin and Application providers)
MT>  have two different installations of cfengine in which both cfengine
MT>  installations operate on the same systems (but different aspects of
MT>  the system)?"

I don't see any reason why not; if the two instances are both going to try
to manage any of the same files, then they'll cheerfully clobber each
other each time one of them runs, but aside from that, it seems like it
should work.

Cfengine 2 or 3? (I only really know 2.)

If you want to run it in a mode that listens on a port (common, but not
universal), you'll presumably need the two instances to listen on
different ports, but that should be configurable.

                                      -Josh (irilyth at infersys.com)