[BBLISA] PCI compliance and Linux AV, was Re: Desktop policies and UNIX-ish operating systems

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Fri Jan 29 12:14:20 EST 2010

I'm not sure there's ever been a system in wide use wasn't commonly prone
to vulnerabilities.  I wouldn't try to use that language to avoid scanning
if you really need to be compliant.  That doesn't mean I think the
commercial scanners for *nix are useful, but I'd still run one of them if
I was worried about an audit.

Dave