[BBLISA] Brief reminder: TONIGHT, Wednesday Jan 2010 talk/mtg "I Got My Jet Pack an I'm Still Not Happy"

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Jan 13 09:28:22 EST 2010

Just a brief reminder that the bblisa meeting is tonight, Wednesday,
January 13 at 7PM in room E51-149 on the MIT campus in Cambridge
(http://www.bblisa.org/directions.html). It is a short walk from the
Kendall Square T station on the red line for those without cars.

Our speaker is David Blank-Edelman. David is the Director of
Technology at the Northeastern University College of Computer and
Information Science. The subject for the talk is:

  "I Got My Jet Pack an I'm Still Not Happy"

  Systems administration needs help. Over the last
  twenty-five years or so I've watched the tools we've used
  just barely be able to keep up with the challenges of our
  field. New advancements in user interfaces get promised,
  offered, adopted and then shed with nothing but temporary
  relief. In this "from the trenches" talk we'll look some
  of the challenges that have thwarted our best
  efforts. I'll also show you some of my puny attempts to
  poke at the beast from new directions and see if I can
  enlist your expertise in the battle.

I have never failed to be entertained by one of David's talks, so I
hope to see you at what promises to be an entertaining and thought
provoking presentation.

Also prior to the meeting I and a few other bblisa-admins will be
soliciting ideas on how to improve attendance at these meetings and
making them more relevant to the members.

I hope to see you there.
--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard