[BBLISA] Quick Poll: Would you trust system software from an anonymous source? (take2)

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Sat Feb 27 11:33:30 EST 2010

> 5. Would it be reasonable to fire the admin responsible if they knew of
> (1), and perhaps (2),and (3), but used it anyway?

I think if you want a meaningful response to any of these questions,
particularly this one, you'll have to provide some specifics.
Generalizations about "trust" "anonymous" "software" are all way too vague,
and certainly will leave doubt as to whether employee termination would be
justified.

Did the person violate some policy?  Was the policy clear?
Did the person's actions cause some sort of harm?
Was this a one-time thing, or something that happened repeatedly, with
communication about it each time?

And so on.