[BBLISA] How to Virtualize Sparc Solaris 8

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Sat Feb 27 11:25:45 EST 2010

> Sun (when they were still Sun) came here 6 months ago and claimed they
> were doing SPARC-Solaris IaaS cloud offerings, but I sure can't find it
> on their web site.

I tried that too.  I spoke with another IT guy who said Sun formerly had a
Sparc cloud, but they had to kill it as one of the sacrifices to be acquired
by Oracle.

Fortunately,
(a) I am able to find old sparc systems for sale,
And
(b) One of my colleagues found a provider "down under" that does sparc
services on a monthly basis.  I'll forward the site if anyone cares.