[BBLISA] How to Virtualize Sparc Solaris 8

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Thu Feb 25 23:42:36 EST 2010

Ahhh.  The tricky part is not how to install solaris 8 . The tricky part is
emulating the sparc processor on intel hardware.  Maybe I have to buy a
modern sparc system.  Or more likely, I'm back to getting an old $150 box
from craigslist instead of a new $10k server that'll be used for 20 minutes
a year .

Does anybody offer Sparc cloud servers?  Rent a box for 1 hour, pay Two
Dollars.  That would be nice.  I'll have to poke around and see if I can
find somewhere now .

I have seen some articles suggesting qemu for sparc emulation, and I've seen
as many articles saying how horribly it doesn't work.  I think I'll try it
at least a little bit, so I can say I made the effort, didn't leave that
stone unturned .