[BBLISA] backups

K. M. Peterson KMP at KMPeterson.COM
Tue Dec 14 15:47:03 EST 2010

I'll put another word in for Bacula, which I implemented a couple of years ago for work.  We were backing up 4-5TB; onto DLT-S4 (800GB/tape).

Plusses: efficient, good encryption options.  Minuses: yes, not great for recovery, documentation not wonderful.  Oh, of course, it's open-source.

Offsite storage of tapes.  I'm more comfortable with something like DLT than the helical-scan technologies.

Home: Tar, Roxio Retrospect, rsync; offsite to Amazon AWS S3.

Can fill in more if anyone is interested.

_KMP

On 14Dec10, at 15:24 , Ryan Pugatch wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Trying to gather some info as I am working on rearchitecting our backup
> solution.
>
> Would be great to hear:
>
> What backup solution do you use?
>
> How much data are you backing up?
>
> Are you sending the data off site?  How?  Disk, tape?
>

> Thanks
>
> Ryan

K. M. Peterson                                 voice:  +1 617 731 6177
Boston, Massachusetts, USA                       fax:  +1 206 338 6427
Email: <mailto:KMP at KMPeterson.COM>    Web: <http://www.KMPeterson.COM>