[BBLISA] simpler alternative to Nagios

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:04:18 EDT 2010

I'll throw in another vote for xymon.  We're in the process of
converting from Big Brother to xymon at work.  BB works great right
out of the box and there are a lot of extensions possible. I've used
add-on scripts for Big Brother that check virtual memory stats, zfs
state, IMAP, and proprietary in-house software throughput - if you can
script it, BB can monitor it.   At my last job I was a one-person show
and BB was a lifesaver. Xymon is open source/GPL and has a lot of good
metrics tools built right in (rolled up from BB add-ons LARRD and
BBGEN). Also, the BB alerting side is a bit hard to customize in a
larger group, compared to Xymon)

http://www.deadcat.net/browse.php