[BBLISA] whole disk encryption

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Sun Aug 22 09:45:36 EDT 2010

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>
> Presently, I have Mac and Windows laptop users.  The mac users use
> encrypted sparsebundles, and the windows users use TrueCrypt for
> encryption.  There are a lot of reasons whole disk encryption would be
> desirable - mostly in terms of backups.

Ah, yeah.  Acronis True Image (and whole-disk backup software in general)
don't work with whole-disk encryption in general.  There are some exceptions
... Some Casper product explicitly created to work with PGP for example...

I wonder if there's a hardware solution, that would make the encrypted disk
transparent to the OS, and hence, all the backup tools and other tools you
might use in the OS would remain functional...