[BBLISA] WiMAX ISP Service Experiences

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Fri May 29 15:39:50 EDT 2009

I looked at Wimax as a service delivery platform for AV8 Internet, but
the gateways I found didn't seem suitable for business users.  They were
oriented towards sort of super-wifi-hotspot models serving laptops,
rather than as a wide area transport.

The other model I wanted, a wimax long haul to local area 802.11 hotspot
wasn't possible in one box, either.

Sigh. But I haven't looked in a couple years, either.   Let me know what
you find.

<plug>
 But if your physical location is at 617 354, I can offer you 3meg on 2
T1s for $900/mo.  If your site is DSL capable, I can add an OSPF-routed
backup for another $100/mo for automatic, transparent failover.
 </plug>

		--Dean