[BBLISA] Re: Large scale log processing

Mike Devlin mdevlin at aisle10.net
Fri May 15 13:14:19 EDT 2009

you can setup filters, and logging templates in syslog-ng, so you can split
up the the log entries for each host into their own log files. As an
example, on our syslog-ng server, we have the logging destination setup as:
file ( "/path/$FULLHOST_FROM/$FULLHOST_FROM-$YEAR-$MONTH-$DAY.log"

so in the directory structure, all the entries that are received are split
up per host per day into separate logs.

Mike Devlin
Manager of Operations
boston.com