[BBLISA] NFS: How can I see which files are in use?

Dewey Sasser dewey at sasser.com
Thu May 14 13:41:15 EDT 2009

I would like to be able to see, from my NFS server, which files are in
use by NFS clients.

My application is a reasonably large VMWare LabManager2/ESX3.5
installation that's loading my storage server and I can't tell which VM
is the culprit.  I can get an idea of which *host* is the problem by
measuring network packets (using tcpdump and some PERL) but beyond that
I'm kinda stuck.  I'm using NFS for VMWare storage, not iSCSI.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Dewey Sasser