[BBLISA] ntp question

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Tue Mar 17 17:23:51 EDT 2009

> of systems.  One problem I've encountered is that many of our "systems"
> are actually VMWare based virtual machines and VMWare seems to have a
> borderline ridiculously bad clock drift.  From what I've read on the

Many of my systems are also virtual, but perhaps the usage pattern is making
our clocks behave differently from each other.

IMHO, even if you cron'd the ntpdate command for every 5 minutes, or every
minute, that would still incur less network traffic than ntpd (if you're
worried about ntp traffic clogging your network.)