[BBLISA] ntp question

Rudie, Tony Tony.Rudie at fmr.com
Tue Mar 17 17:15:45 EDT 2009

ntpd isn't perfect at dealing with VMs either.  My organization has a cron job to monitor ntpd and make sure the time is still accurate, and there's some sophisticated logic there to minimize false positives, but it still throws a couple of valid alerts every week, (always on VMs.  The job runs everywhere, but...) and restart ntpd.

Actually, it's not a cron job.  The monitoring system runs the check-script, and throws the alert based on return code.

 - Tony Rudié