[BBLISA] Commercial anitvirus scanner for Linux?

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:23:44 EDT 2009

I need a commercial product that scans Linux systems to demonstrate
they are "free of malevolent software".    I'm not trying to fill a
technical need.  This is a requirement promulgated by a "certification
commission" that doesn't appear to actually understand the technology
it is certifying.

In practice, there aren't any windows systems in the production
infrastructure and there's no file repository to hold windows files,
malware or otherwise, so I'm going with "It only has to scan Linux
systems."

INAL, however, as long as it is "commercial"  "scans the system" and
I can "demonstrate a procedure to do so." I believe I'm covered.

  - Paul