[BBLISA] Looking for a solution to power 120VAC device on 208/220VAC circuit

R. Gary Cutbill rgary at kluge.net
Tue Jun 2 12:22:24 EDT 2009

John P. Rouillard wrote:
> Hi all:
>

> I suppose I could also try to find a 240 VAC transformer to DC and
> just replace the 120VAC transformer that came with the access point.

This would be my first choice.

More than one vendor makes universal power adapters that produce various
output
voltages and work on both 120V or 240V input. Targus and Kensington come to
mind, there are probably others.  Google around for "universal power
adapter", or
visit your favorite local computer supplier. (Micro Center maybe?) I
like visiting,
because it can sometimes be easier to verify the connectors and specs by
looking
the package.

The ones I'm thinking of are usually intended as replacements for
laptops, so you're
probably looking  at something that puts out 70W or more and it will run
you more t
han the cost of the AP, if I don't miss my guess.

With a little luck you can probably find one that has a C14 connector on it.

Good luck.