[BBLISA] RE: moving ACLs from Solaris 9 to RHEL5?

Sean OMeara someara at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:15:11 EDT 2009

Extended posix acls are stored in the inode table (on ext3 at least).
I don't know much about solaris, but I'd assume it works the same way on UFS.
There should be no external database to be concerned about.

Considering that, assuming tar on both ends understands how to read
and preserve the acls, then something like this is probably your best
bet:

solaris9:$ tar cf - /somedir | ssh user at redhat5 tar xf - -C /dest

-s