[BBLISA] sshfs

Rudie, Tony Tony.Rudie at fmr.com
Sun Apr 19 10:54:04 EDT 2009

This all reminds me that I need to solve a much simpler problem at my work:  I need to provide NFS access to some Windows clients.  Right now, the files are accessed by having Totalnet installed on the Unix box, but no one wants to administer that anymore.  If there was something the users could install on their desktops (like maybe 10 of them) we could get Totalnet out of the mix.

I know, the "right" solution is NetApp, and we've tried to convince this small user group of that.  We have a NetApp (or 8 actually) this user group thinks the Unix performance to the NetApp isn't good enough.  They want local (or SAN) storage on the Unix box with very high performance, and then PC access later, with much lower performance concern.

Tom mentions NFS clients for Windows.  What should I look at?

 - Tony Rudié