[BBLISA] Comparison of Collaboration Email Services (Exchange, Kerio, Google Apps)

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Wed Apr 15 08:45:02 EDT 2009

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Edward Ned Harvey
> <bblisa3 at nedharvey.com> wrote:
> > Do you mean "Rules?"  Which I think is the MS term for what other
> companies
> > call a filter...  It sounds like you're describing rules.  Right?
>
> Yes, thank you. "Rules". Our configuration didn't allow server side
> rules, only client side. I've since heard from other folks working
> with MS-Windows Exchange that prohibiting server side rules is a
> common configuration choice since that can place a burden on the
> server.

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.  Here's what I've confirmed ...

If there is a policy of "no rules on the server," that is not a vanilla
configuration policy.  But it apparently can be imposed by your
organization.

Using OWA in IE7, I do have access to configure my server-side rules.
However, connecting to the same server on the same account, in OWA Light, I
do not have any interface to configure my rules.

So regardless of whether or not your organization has any imposed rules
policy limits, OWA Light just can't do it.