[BBLISA] ZFS Anyone?

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Sat Apr 4 00:39:45 EDT 2009

> Also, NetApp
> has this lawsuit thing with ZFS so they won't even talk to you about
> it.

I can't speak enough venom about Netapp these days.  They lost my support
contract, serial number, any record that my company even exists.  I provided
them with support case numbers where we had hardware service within the last
year, provided them the former serial numbers before replacement, and even
the receipts proving we purchased the support contracts.

29 days ago, they acknowledged they have a problem, and granted a 30 day
"grace" contract to provide coverage while they figure out where our real
contract is.  Needless to say, they're still walking around in circles and
being unresponsive.  Appalling.

Forget netapp.  Embrace ZFS.

Netapp is only suing because they know this is going to put them out of
business.  Suddenly there's a free open source competitor in a field they've
had a monopoly on for years.  They're being imperialistic and should be
counter-sued for antitrust.