[BBLISA] openldap recipe(s)

Daniel Hagerty hag at linnaean.org
Fri Nov 7 09:26:25 EST 2008

"John Hanks" <jbh at broad.mit.edu> writes:

>  using .local for a domain may result in conflicts with mDNS down the
>  road. I'd suggest avoiding it if possible.

    That wasn't the OP's question; I'd agree with you that it's better
to spend the few bucks on a domain where you know you own that
namespace, period stop.

    However, I don't think I could agree with your assessment of risks
w.r.t. mDNS.  The namespaces are disjoint as far as I can see, and at
least one 800 pound gorilla officially recommends the use of .local
within their products, ActiveDirectory particularly leaping to mind.