[BBLISA] RHEL5 Security Guide from NSA (with openLDAP recipe)

Doug Mildram dmildram at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:28:59 EST 2008

A dream came true, got a great pointer (below) from a shy bblisa member.
I've just scratched the surface myself, but, It's Very coherent;
seems to cover ALL aspects of security; is geared to RHEL5, but much
 (e.g. syslog, PAM, SSH, SSL, MTA/SMTP, apache,etc,etc) is universal.

I particularly like how it devils-advocates itself, warns of side effects,
gives alternative paths e.g. "if you must run ABC, at least do this..." -doug

=====from our bblisa member related to this effort,
  > (LDAP auth config) was attempted for the
     NSA secure configuration guide for RHEL5,
    See Section 3.12 on LDAP (which points back to an SSL chapter for TLS).
 obtainable from:

 http://www.nsa.gov/snac/downloads_redhat.cfm?MenuID=scg10.3.1.1

doug> Just accept the no-fault terms, no  sign-in, then get the PDF.
Score one for our government and the authors, thanks !