[BBLISA] Know any (real) MS Excel experts?

Eric Smith esmithphoto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:23:49 EDT 2008

I forwarded this on to a friend who knows more Excel than me (not that hard....)
He pointed out that Excel does a Recalc on open.  He guessed that this
might be why it's taking so long to open, assuming there is a lot of
calculations to do.

He though there was a way to turn this off at one point, but isn't
sure if its still possible.

There is some info about excel and recalculation here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb687891.aspx
and more, if you google search it.

Might not be right, but could be worth further investigation.

Eric