[BBLISA] Phone support companies?

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Mon Mar 3 16:50:14 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Chris Palmer wrote:

> Hi folks --
>
> I'm looking around for a company to come in and deal with phone and
> voicemail issues for us in the local area; we have a current setup with
> an upstate NY firm, but we're a bit far from their usual range and their
> response time has been steadily declining.
>
> we have a nortel something or other PBX system, and need to add some
> lines to it and buy some new phones.  I have ZERO desire to learn much
> about phone systems and just want someone who can make my problems and
> stupid questions go away.
>
> anyone have any experiences or recommendations?

Where is your office?

The little nortels w/startalk vm are pretty easy to program through the
phone interface. I can't remember the access code off hand, but I have
manuals somewhere. There isn't much you can do, other than change the
name on the voicemail, prompts and such.  Once you're in to the
programming interface, its all menudriven, and so simple as to be
damning.

Programming usually isn't the problem.  HW Support is an issue. You
might want to think about a voip upgrade. There are some systems that
let you keep the phones (they're tanks!) and plug in a VOIP pbx to the
phones.

This tends to solve your trunk problems (or rather, move them to a box
that's easier to run), and lets you use asterix or something as your
pbx/voicemail/etc solution.

		--Dean

617 344 9000