[BBLISA] Re: SELinux

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Sat Jan 26 09:51:03 EST 2008

>     Sometimes your job as a sysadmin is to question your orders.
> You're hired for your expertise in the subject area, and bloody well
> ought to have input into how you do your job.

I'll second that notion.  I don't know how many times I'm called in as a
consultant to clean up somebody else's mess.  And the previous sysadmin (if
he hasn't been fired yet) will defend his actions in creating something that
he knew he shouldn't create, by saying "I was just following the CEO's
orders" or similar.

That's the point where I say:  If you know the subject matter better than
the person giving the orders, it's your responsibility to understand what
they *really* want, and explain that you need to solve the problem a
different way.

Or quit.