[BBLISA] canon vs ricoh (MFP for print+scan)

Patrick Paul patpaul at nebsystems.com
Thu Jan 24 10:21:06 EST 2008

> I second that.  I picked up a Brother MFC-7820N this fall for $150 buck
> ( refurbished + $50 rebate ) from Staples and have been very impressed
> with it.  Scanning from the printer to my mac over wireless still makes
> me smile.  It just works!

I've had the MFC-7820N in a business environment for a couple of years
now, and it works great.  Two summers ago we also got the MFC-9420CN,
and it works just like the 7820N (black and white only), but with color.
  I've recommended Brother to this other company, and their results were
similar.  Buy.com has a good price for the 9420CN.
The only problem we ever had was when somebody wanted to print glossy
color pictures and put in inkjet photo paper into the color laser
printer.  After a week of cleaning, it was as good as new.
Sigh, users.

Oh, and the Brother models have ridiculously good driver support,
including full network scan capabilities for macs.