[BBLISA] crontab - corrected version

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Wed Jan 23 21:26:57 EST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> So I want to see if there is a way to restrict crontab from running an
> executable or anything else from a world-writable directory, or subdirectory
> thereof.

I'm curious what your concern with cron is.  Since cron, as several people
have pointed out, just runs jobs with the privileges of the owner of the
crontab, its jobs don't have any privileges beyond what the user has.
So, if the user can do something dangerous, it would make sense to prevent
it, but why attack the problem through cron?

Dave