[BBLISA] RE: storevault / netapp

Peter Galvin pbg at cptech.com
Wed Feb 27 22:34:33 EST 2008

Hey Edward, ZFS makes up for the performance loss due to checksumming by
using a lot of smart algorithms. In some places its faster than other file
systems / volume managers  RAID controllers and sometimes slower.  Sun is
working to improve performance (of course) with some interesting stuff in
the pipeline.