[BBLISA] storevault / netapp

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Wed Feb 27 11:52:54 EST 2008

> So what is missing? We have one of each [netapp and storevault], and
haven't noticed anything
> lacking on the Storevault.

Since I looked recently, there's actually a document on netapp.com which
describes things missing from storevault edition.  But I didn't notice any
of that myself.

I use mine in a Windows/Linux/Mac environment.  Does CIFS & NFS.  It has no
trouble binding to Active Dir.  But then on the unix side, it only supports
NIS.  We don't want a NIS server, but we have one running, just for the
storevault.  We want the storevault to get it's unix uid/gid information
from Apple OpenDirectory, which is LDAP.  But then, Apple OpenDirectory
doesn't do NIS.

Here's the aforementioned document of differences:
http://www.storevault.com/downloads/SV-DataONTAP-FAQ.pdf