[BBLISA] Reference request.....

Michael Tiernan michael.tiernan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:21:41 EDT 2008

I stuck my foot in it recently. I opened my mouth about using the idea
of a private group for each user (i.e. mtiernan:mtiernan) and then
adding these users to groups that they need to be added to.

I know that it's a "safer than not" approach but I can't find any
documentation (other than simple docs from Red Hat that this is the
way they do it) that discusses the pros and cons of this.

While I'm not encouraging or discouraging an intelligent exchange over
the principles involved, I'm really just looking for an existing
reference of someone who reviewed this approach to user/group security
policies.

Does anyone know of any such references?

Thank you in advance for anyone's time.
(Let the banter begin!)
--
 << MCT >> Michael C Tiernan.