[BBLISA] NisDomainObject

Rudie, Tony Tony.Rudie at fmr.com
Fri Sep 21 16:17:51 EDT 2007

I am experimentally poking at making an LDAP server to replace NIS (someday...).  I have slapd serving out a bunch of info.  OK, now I want to actually use it.

If I run Solaris 10 ldapclient(1M) from a different host, it finds the directory and figures out the top level domain, but fails in looking for something I just don't see in the "mink" book (the O'Reilly LDAP book).  I get this error:

NOTFOUND:Could not find the nisDomainObject for DN dc=NIS,dc=fmrco,dc=com

Any ideas what the NisDomainObject should look like?  I can make an ldif file and put it in the directory, but I have no idea what should be in it!

Many thanks, happy weekend,

Tony Rudié
<tony.rudie at fmr.com>  617 563 2509
"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
  - Rev. Ken Baily, and others.