[BBLISA] Possible idea for September meeting--data destruction party

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Fri Sep 7 09:58:44 EDT 2007

That ought to do for normal I-don't-care-if-the-NSA-reads-my-data
destruction.  Just out of curiousity, what's the Oersted rating of the
degausser?

For anyone who's interested in the problems associated with the
destruction magnetic media, there's a good article at:

www.cs.cornell.edu/people/clarkson/secdg/papers.sp06/secure_deletion.pdf

Also, only a few folks responded saying they had stuff to destroy, and had
mostly paper, so I think there isn't enough interest to actually make this
economically feasible, although if anybody has a big portable generator, I
must admit to wanting to see Dean's degausser.

Dave