[BBLISA] Re: New cell phone recommendation?

Sean OMeara someara at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:32:03 EDT 2007

okay..

First off, SMS isn't garunteed delivery (I've experienced this... I
send nagios messages to my verizon trio via SMS)

While %99 of them come through, some don't, especially when the
network is "clogged up" or the phone is out of digital service for an
extended period of time.

With any cell phone, the SMS will appear to come from the sending
number (the paging service). This is typically easy to "dial back",
but the text blob is not. A palm based treo specifically will require
her to make a "highlight, copy, change interface, paste-text-blob,
dial" maneuver. I can't comment on the win version or any other
devices such as blackberries, iphones, or nokias.

Also, since the frequency band pagers work on is much lower, you can
get pages on the subway and other places where a cell typically has
trouble  My team trades off an alphanumeric pager to alert on the most
of things for that reason alone.

-s