[BBLISA] Re: New cell phone recommendation?

Adam Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Mon Oct 22 12:11:23 EDT 2007

OK, enough people have asked about this that I'd better clarify things.

My wife is a doctor. Patients call the answering service and talk to a
human being; said human types the message into a computer and sends it
to my wife's "device." My wife currently carries a standard-issue
alphanumeric pager but would like to replace it with a cell phone
capable of receiving text messages of some form.

We know the paging company can (and does) have everything necessary in
place to send her messages to a cell phone instead of a pager. What we
don't know is how the phone will interpret these messages other than
presenting her with a blob of text. The phone may think it's a "page" or
an "email" or a "message"; frankly we don't care which it is as long as
she can select the call-back numnber out of the blob of text and dial it
with little effort.

What I'm interested in is the phone's UI for dialing numbers contained
in text blobs; I already know that the phone can receive said blob of
text and that the paging company can send said blob of text to a cell
phone.

Sorry for the confusion.

AdamM