[BBLISA] Recommendation where to buy NetApp

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Thu Oct 11 19:12:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 04:31:22PM -0400, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> I'm specing out an entry level netapp.
> 	S500 with 5 x 500G disks (1.1T usable)
>
> Netapp says my choices are to call Netapp and quote through CDW, or to
> contact local reseller, whose name I will get from Netapp.
>
> Anybody have any advice for any other reseller I should contact to buy one
> of these?

Yeah, NetApp doesn't like to discuss these things, so they usually push to
VARs or other generic vendors for the sale.

I know nothing about them, other than they had some good schwag, but
Berkeley Communications was a big "Platinum NetApp Partner" at LISA
last year.  http://www.berkcom.com/StoreVault/storevault-s500.php

fwiw.

--
Theo Van Dinter
Systems Administrator: bblisa.org, kluge.net, google.com, etc.