[BBLISA] Comparison of BSD vs Linux? (here goes the flame war!)

Edward Ned Harvey gumen at nedharvey.com
Thu Nov 15 22:58:06 EST 2007

Actually, I will second that notion - For whatever reason, the Linux NFS
server is just plain slow, no matter how you tweak it.  Solaris is much
better at NFS.

Also, I've heard from this list that Solaris ZFS is awesome, while I will
admit that Ext3 and UFS are somewhat feature lacking.  (Do the BSD's still
use UFS?  That was a few years ago when I used it.)