[BBLISA] dump or Legato Networker?

Michael Tiernan michael.tiernan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 14:29:30 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 2:01 PM, David Allan <dave at dpallan.com> wrote:
[...]
> My take on backup in general is that it's a task that's easy to get wrong
[...]

I agree. Now I'm hoping some propeller-head type figures out a
"scheme" for performing backups to WORM media. We're all familiar with
(what I believe is called) the towers of hanoi approach which seems to
have been created with the characteristics of tape media in mind.

What I've been trying to sort out is what you do when you can't reuse
your media. I can do a backup to disk as a daily but does doing
backups of that to WORM make any sense? This is a puzzle for better
brains than mine.
--
    << MCT >>   Michael C Tiernan.
    Is God a performance artist?