[BBLISA] dump or Legato Networker?

Michael Tiernan michael.tiernan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:13:31 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 4:04 PM, John Stoffel <john at stoffel.org> wrote:
> Don't.  We're all quite happy to rip in your mistaken beliefs!!  Bwah
> hah haha!

Hey, I've been to meetings! I learned to have a thick skin a long time go. :)

Nice thing about geeks, no ambiguity. :)

> Well, the general issue is open files.  And files created after the
> backup process starts.
I know that this is the issue normally. That's a quirk of the design.
The issue I believe that I was remembering was something more along
the lines of a uniquely linux quirk where "dump" did not permit
correct restores. Hell, this could've been a 2.2 kernel issue and long
since cured. I've just never been smart enough to get to the bottom of
the issue once and for all.
--
    << MCT >>   Michael C Tiernan.
    Is God a performance artist?