[BBLISA] Fun Local Startup looking for Serious SysAdmin!

Justin Holland hollandjustin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:05:21 EST 2007

Hello Everyone!

We are a local Boston funded startup and we are looking for a serious
SysAdmin who loves linux!  We are a bunch of young MIT guys looking for
someone who can tell us what to do with our servers!  We currently implement
an interesting combination of Memcached, mysql, mod_perl, mod_php, along
with all sorts of in office systems (wikis, exchange servers, crms,
deployment systems, etc) on RHEL4.

We have a production environment at Rackspace that supports a 2.5 million
user facebook application, along with 200,000 active software users (lots of
db comm).  We also have several in house servers in our boston office (btw,
our office is a lot of fun and really convenient being right next to South
Station)

REQUIREMENTS:
3-5 years of experience in administering a linux OS in a production
environment
Configuring and deploying MySQL database server software
Enterprise and/or web content management systems is a plus
Monitoring logs and system activity of Unix or Linux servers
Experience with deployment and update scripts
Experience with automating system administration tasks with shell scripting,
perl, or python
Experience with configuration management systems is a plus
Experience with server virtualization technology, in particular VMware

Salary will be based on experience.

Thanks!

--
Justin A. Holland
FreeCause, COO

www.freecause.com
Your Cause, Our Commitment.

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipients named above. The message is a
confidential communication and may be protected by various state and/or
federal laws regarding privileged communications. If you have received this
message in error, you are requested to immediately delete it and notify
FreeCause of the error. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this
message without the consent of FreeCause is strictly prohibited.