[BBLISA] Server monitoring tools?

Sean Lutner sean at rentul.net
Mon Jun 11 16:36:31 EDT 2007

It might be helpful to provide a list of the metrics you're looking
to track for any given system you'll be monitoring. I assume, since
Nagios wasn't a fit, that you are looking more for a historical data
storage tool that can be used for capacity planning and time period
based performance monitoring.

Something like cacti (http://cacti.net) fits this bill quite nicely.
It provides an SNMP interface, and is agentless and can also use any
custom script or data gathering method you might have. It's very easy
to install and configure as well.