[BBLISA] Linux kickstart packages

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:35:50 EDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Adam Moskowitz <adamm at menlo.com> wrote:
> In a typical lunix ks.cfg file in the %packages" section there are
> individual package names as well as package "bundles," in the form
> "@bundle".
>
> Can someone please tell me where or how I find out what packages are
> included in each of these bundles?
>
> I know this information has to be out there somewhere but I'm not
> finding it. Maybe my google-fu is weak today?

Prior to RHEL5 that info is listed  in [RedHat|Fedora]/base/comps.xml on CD1.

It's not pretty, but you can pull that info out of the XML

The <group> sections are the "bundles" you refer to.  Within each of
these is a <packagelist> section which itemizes the packages in that
group.

I'm not sure if this still applies in RHEL5 as Red Hat has finally
realized the value of YUM.

  - Paul