[BBLISA] Tape drives?

Pete Langlois pete.langlois at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:24:45 EDT 2007

At all of the data centers I'm responsible we use IBM LTO2 and LTO3
changers.  From 3583 to the newest TS3310 with the L5B and E9U expansion.
We use all 2g/4g fibre gbics depending on the site and all of these are ADIC
manufactured with IBM logos.  Backup times range about 1-2Gig per min over
fibre and we backup 10's of Terrabytes of data off of IBM DS4000 series SAN.

All issues have been repaired under warranty and have not had any impact to
backups.  We have 99% of all restores complete successfully.  The 1% is the
data was never backed up or the incorrect path is given.

Regards,

Pete
http://www.petelanglois.net