[BBLISA] RAID hard drive serial numbers?

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Tue Jul 17 10:11:06 EDT 2007

With a lot of arrays, the OS doesn't know anyhing about the actual
spindles that populate the array, and that's one of the great benefits of
hardware RAID, in my mind.  The flip side of that is that any tools to
gather info about the spindles are going to have to be specific to the
array so that they can get through the RAID abstraction to the underlying
devices.

Dave