[BBLISA] Comcast phone and Internet inquiries

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Tue Jan 9 11:03:18 EST 2007

> - They learned that if they bundle in phone, that they retain all the features
> they use now.  How reliable, clear, etc is Comcast phone to Verizon?

I switched to Comcast phone service about a month ago, so I don't have a
lot of experience with it, but so far I find no difference in call quality
from Verizon, which I had before.  I can even place calls with my 1940s
vintage rotary phone, as well as my modern handset.

One potential gotcha--my installer told me Verizon owns the internal
wiring in my unit, so he could not use it and I'm limited to the phone
drop at the point where my coax terminates.  This is no problem for me, as
that's actually where I want my phones, but it certainly could be a
problem for others.  You might want to get clarification on that point
from Comcast before proceeding.

Dave