[BBLISA] mysql raw binary replication

Justin Holland hollandjustin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:54:47 EST 2007

I'm sure this is not a unique situation, but basically I'm at the point
where our db server is very large, mysqldumps kill our services, and I need
to setup a replication server.  I was wondering if anyone has had any major
problems with performing a replication from raw binary data and not a sql
dump.  The mysql servers are identical, both running on RHEL4, and I plan on
shutting down the server for the hour it takes to perform the copy / write.
Any advice would be great (other than You're Crazy!).  Thanks!

Justin