[BBLISA] Router Recommendation

Justin Holland hollandjustin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:25:53 EST 2007

Tal - If you have a couple of hours on your hands and an old box, I would
highly recommend ipcop.  I have about 40 work stations, an  asterisk phone
system, and a DMZ for our web servers all hooked up to and it runs
perfectly.  It is very simple to setup, even for a person not used to linux,
and couldn't be easier to administer.  Best part is, its free and will most
definitetly scale to any size you get

On another note, cisco routers always work and integrated wireless for $400
is a pretty good deal

On Dec 14, 2007 11:48 AM, David Allan <dave at dpallan.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Nicholas Kathmann wrote:
>
> > Have you looked at the Cisco 800 series? They are listing the 851 w/
> wireless
> > for $380 on CDW. It has all of the features you listed below and more.
>
> I haven't used them for wireless, but my experience with the Cisco small
> office routers has been very good.  I found they generally cost twice as
> much as their competitors (that may have changed) but, OTOH, they worked
> reliably, which I thought was a nice feature.  ;-)
>
> Dave

Justin A. Holland
FreeCause, COO
107 South Street | Suite 5C
Boston, MA 02111
P: 617.292.0200 | F: 617.292.0218

www.freecause.com
Your Cause, Our Commitment.

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipients named above. The message is a
confidential communication and may be protected by various state and/or
federal laws regarding privileged communications. If you have received this
message in error, you are requested to immediately delete it and notify
FreeCause of the error. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this
message without the consent of FreeCause is strictly prohibited.